Athletic Team Coaching
Our athletic team coaching programs unleash the potential within athletes, athletic coaches, and athletic teams alike through a unique *professional coaching approach. This approach overcomes the common challenges athletic coaches face today (ranging from too many schools of thought to a lack of a “one size fits all” approach), and delivers success through an engaging blend of activities, education, and inspiration. Based in proven evidence based behavioral science techniques and practices, our approach creates sustainable development from a human perspective applicable to each athlete, athletic coach, and athletic team. Afterall, as Herbs Brooks said, “You win with people, not with talent.”
Our **experience and research have shown athletic teams desire growth in five key areas: mental toughness, leadership, motivation, team unity, and communication. Our athletic team coaching programs are specifically designed to develop these areas based on your individual needs. Our first program, Level I, begins with laying the foundation for the most common of these areas, mental toughness. Our second program, Level II, builds upon Level I’s foundation to build and solidify mental toughness, as well as, develop leadership, motivation, team unity, and/or communication, as chosen by you. And our third program, Level III, further engrains your development through one on one individualized coaching with up to five athletic coaches and team leaders of your choosing. Keep reading to learn more about our programs which not only unleash your team’s potential “on the field,” but also “off the field.”
*Professional coaching, as defined by the International Coaching Federation, is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Professional coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe that every client is inherently strong, capable, and wise. In addition, professional coaching creates a warm, safe, and non-judgmental environment which fosters growth and connection amongst individuals. A professional coach provides coaching to their clients; however, it is ultimately up to the client to do the work necessary to reach their goals and desired development.
**Strive For More has extensive knowledge in each of the five key areas of growth desired by athletic teams through education, research, and use. To learn more, please visit our About Us page.
Our Level I athletic team coaching program is a two-hour group coaching session with your team which lays the foundation it needs to develop mental toughness. Specifically, your team will:
- Increase their ability to overcome negative thoughts, feelings, & behaviors, e.g. “shake it off,” while reducing mental meltdowns;
- Develop mindfulness, e.g., being present minded and in-tune with themselves, those around them, and their surroundings in a non-judgmental way; and
- Learn how to leverage adversity for motivation, setting goals, and being resilient.
In addition, this program delivers a foundational core your coaches can draw upon to help their team throughout the season and the years to come.
Our Level II athletic team coaching program includes our Level I program plus additional *one-hour group coaching sessions with your team to further form, build, and solidify mental toughness; and, as chosen by you, leadership, motivation, team unity, and/or communication. The headings below outline the benefits your team will receive in the topics you select for your additional coaching sessions.
- Increase concentration and focus;
- Reduce the prevalence of attitudes and egos while strengthening a “share the spotlight” mentality;
- Foster player commitment and willingness to grow and develop; and
- Increase sportsmanship.
- Be united through shared experiences, values, and beliefs;
- Create a team identity greater than any individual;
- Set team agreements for roles, expectations, interactions with each other, and more;
- Be motivated to achieve the same goal(s);
- Work as one in a positive fashion and develop chemistry; and
- Strengthen their team-oriented mindset while reducing their individual mindset.
- Learn about what leadership is and how it is not tied to a position or title;
- Develop their desired leadership style;
- Improve their leadership ability based on their desired style of leadership;
- Be inspired to be a part of something greater than themselves; and
- Positively improve the relationship between all members, including lower and upper classmen.
- Learn about how we communicate, and what effective communication is;
- Explore common communication pitfalls which cause conflict and reduce their use;
- Develop active listening and communication skills; and
- Create effective and efficient communication crucial to team performance.
- Learn about what motivates us;
- Explore their individual motivation;
- Be motivated to achieve the same goal(s);
- Maintain their motivation during the season and “off” season;
- Strengthen the effort they put forth on a daily basis; and
- Learn how to tap into their intrinsic motivation.
*The number of additional one-hour coaching sessions included in this program varies depending on your needs. The baseline offer of this program starts at three additional coaching sessions with more coaching sessions added as necessary to meet your needs.
Our Level III athletic team coaching program includes our Level II program plus individualized one on one coaching for up to five coaches and team leaders throughout the duration of your season. One on one coaching provides added benefits which further your team’s development outside of its sessions with Strive For More. Specifically, your chosen coaches and team leaders will:
- Explore their individual goals and the development they wish to achieve and undergo;
- Clearly define the outcomes they desire;
- Create a plan of action to achieve their goals and reach their desired development; and
- *Receive support, encouragement, and accountability from their coach in support of reaching their goals and desired development.
The individual coaching sessions will occur either weekly or bi-weekly depending on your needs and the length of your season. Each session will range from 30 minutes long to 60 minutes long depending on the individual being coached and your specific needs. In addition, your chosen individuals may select to be intermittently coached together. Doing so creates further unity between them and a unified implementation of your team’s development outside of its sessions with Strive For More.
*A professional coach provides coaching to their clients; however, it is ultimately up to the client to do the work necessary to reach their goals and desired development.
Finding the Right Program for You
At Strive For More, we recognize and celebrate the uniqueness of every individual and team. We love to talk about development and welcome inquiries via phone or email. We start each of our prospective clients off with a free consultation which typically lasts between 20 and 45 minutes. This consultation allows us to learn about what you are looking for and your specific needs in the areas of mental toughness, team unity, leadership, communication, and motivation. It also allows us to collaboratively choose the right program for you and set a time for us to observe your team in person, as applicable. Afterwards, we tailor the content of your chosen program to meet your needs.